Monday, March 3, 2008

THE ARNOLD CLASSIC WEEKEND!

this blog has the potential to get really drawn out so I am going to try to stick to all my biggest high lites...

Thursday- we were up at 5am, way too early for me, to get ready to go to Bradley airport in Hartford. As I am going through security, the security guy looks at me and says, "Damn man, your huge, but a guy came in here a little while ago that was twice your size" So, i look at the guy and say"there aint nobody around here twice my size bro" So the guy starts describing the monster, saying that he looked alot like me, only a little taller with shorter hair. that's when I realized it had to be Evan. So I tell the guy, "the person your talking about is Evan Centopani, my good friend, he is on the cover of Muscular Development this month" sure enough as I am walking to the terminal I here Evan calling my name,LOL, its funny, we diddnt know we would be flying together. Not only was Evan on the plane, but right in front of me was UFC heavyweight fighter Gabrial Gonzaga, and right behind me was Americas Strongest man Derek Poundstone!

Friday- Day 1 of the expo, Nicole was working in the MD booth all day, with Kristina Tucci, Jacki Haas (miss Jacki from WWE) Arina Manta, and a bunch of other babes. Greg Valentino was there as well as the Crazy Smalley Bros, Melissa Dittwiller, Jimmy "the Iron Bull" Pellechia, Monica Brant, as well Dr. Colker, John Romano and Ron Harris. All great People, especially Valentino who is a riot and a genuine nice guy! Friday nite we went to watch the womens show, the show is run so well! My good friend Colette Nelson was off that nite, but she is gonna bounce back and kick some serious ass at the NY Pro!

Saturday- at noon I went over to the mens prejudging, the show was stacked! Everyone came ready to battle, Phil heath is absolutely incredible and will probably be Mr. O someday! My man Branch Warren was at his all time best, hard as a rock, and huge from every angle! I really like Branch, He is a very humble, down to earth guy, it was a pleasure meeting him this weekend!
After the prejudging I went with Colette to the Expo, My friends Lena and Big Eugene got married on the MD stage,LOL! Then, the high lite of my whole weekend happened! Triple H came to the booth to hang out and sign autographs, this caused complete chaos and the booth was quickly surrounded with hundreds of crazy, adoring fans. I got the pleasure to talk to Triple H, who actually Knew who I was(HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!) I cant believe how friendly he was, A true gentleman who loves the sport of bodybuilding. Even better, when it was time for him to exit, I was chosen to be in the front of his Security leading him to his Exit! Triple H, if you read this, it was an honor meeting you!
Saturday nite Nicole and I went to the Finals. Branch got 4th and all though I was dying for him to win, it was hard to argue the outcome when Dexter, Phil and Kai all came in at there all time best. Following the show, Nicole, Big Evan, Evans boy Keith and myself went out for a delicious dinner at Mitchells steakhouse. Then it was on to the Official After party were Mr G was wrestling 4 midgets, and every body was partying. I Hung out with Evan,Keith, Nicole and my new main man IFBB pro From Wales, James "flex" Lewis. James is a riot, His Fiance Shina was great too. We also hung out with my boy Steve Kulcko Who is a 22 year old monster, and his Fiance, IFBB pro Amy Peters. MY Man Troy Johnson and his wife Krissy chin were in the house as well. Dorian Yates was in the House and Chris Cormier was tearing up the dance floor,LOL! Tons of other pros were there too. We stayed until 4am and decided to call it a wrap.

Sunday and today- Nicole and I both had a great time, Nicole did a photo shoot with Dan ray, and we both met some great people. What a wonderful experience. Very Motivating. Now I have to get my crap together and get ready to blast legs, it was tough trying to train out there. Now I have to get real serious and make some more gains for the North Americans! I am Inspired!!!

3 comments:

brenmac said...

PJ I misunderstood, I thought you were competing as well. My bad. Tripple H huh, No shit. Sounds like a good time. Are you going into the city for the St. Patricks Day parade? Love to bump into you bro. Let me know when you have some down time to bullshit. I left my phone number the last time I wrote.

viterbo said...

PJ, great report from the Arnold! And it's a wonder that plane could take off from Bradley with all you big boys on it! Saw a cool pic of you online at the Arnold Expo, man, you are HUGE! You'll be as famous as Triple H one day! John

PJ Braun said...

John, thanks for the kind words brotha!