Monday, July 21, 2008

Masters Nationals

This past weekend was the Masters Nationals and I made the trip out to watch my boy Kenny Wallach do battle in the Middle weight division. I spent 9 hours in the car driving out to Pittsburgh, but It was well worth it. I was joined by The Montanari Bros, Big Evan and another big boy Aaron. I got there just in time to catch the Welter weight prejudging. The welters looked like middles, and everyone was in condition.... Kenny's middle weight class was staked with talent, Including a couple of guys who I think will be top 5 at the regular Nationals. Stoli Stoilov ( I have no clue how to spell his last name) dominated the class and reminded me of a mini Dorian Yates. Kenny did not place top 5, but had a great showing in a very tough class! The lite heavyweights were loaded as well. Everyone in the top 5 has seriously striated glutes, but the Class Belonged to Vinny Galanti who also walked away with the over all! Congrats Vinny, you deserve it! On a side note, Dr Durlan Castro who works with Mr Palumbo, had some of the freakiest legs and definition I have ever seen. He finished 4th but I really think he could have been second! The Heavy weight class went to long time competitor Gus Carter who got the other pro card. Congrats Gus. The weekend was busy but fun, I got to pose for Dr Victor Prisk and Jim Manion (the President) they both gave me great feed back as well as a few pointers to help me get better. That was a great experience for me!
Haven't gotten the chance to get update pics done, but I am planning on taking some today so stay tuned!

No comments: