Thursday, September 23, 2010

Down with the SIKNESS?!

Have you ever been happy about getting sick? Well this week it happened to me. I havent felt right lately and Monday I was just exhausted. I felt so weak and out of it. I have been tired on diets before but not like this. My training partner for legs thought I looked pretty shitty, but I just laughed it off and toughed it out through a kind of mild workout. Nothing like what I normally do for legs. When I was done I got very dizzy and lite headed. I went home and passed out on the couch. I never take naps ever so I guess I was happy to get the sleep but surprised I passed out. That night I slept a good 8 hours and woke up feeling awful Tuesday. Doing my morning cardio was brutal and exhausting but I made it through. I sat on the couch and dozed off for an hour after I ate my breakfast. When I woke up my stomach was very upset and I had to run to the bathroom. I wound up going to the bathroom about 5 times over the next 2 hours...still I pressed on.
My chest workout Tuesday was awful. I went about 75% what I normally do and it felt like I was going 150%...I made it through the workout and at the end my partner said my lips were very white and my eyes were glassy...I said to him that I never felt so mentally defeated and I wasnt sure how I could make it 4 more weeks like that. I said I felt like I was gonna drop any second.
I cancelled all my work that night and drove to CVS so I could buy a thermomiter. I checked my temp in the parking lot and it was 100.3.... So I went back in and bought some tylenol. by the time I got home I was freazing cold so I checked my temp again and it was up to 101.9. I took the tylenol and layed on the couch. Eventually I started burning up and my fever broke.
Wed I stayed home and rested all day and I am finaly starting to feel better today. I was able to get an OK back workout in, but mentally feel alot better. I know now I can regroup this weekend with some rest and press on!

No comments: