Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nationals Wrap Up

I had a great time down in Atlanta for the 2008 NPC Nationals. I Predicted all the Class winners before the show started and I was correct on all of them. Thursday I got to the airport around 2. I met with Guy Cisternino and his Mother and we hopped in with our buddy Darrell and drove to the venue. Thursday nothing was really going on so I spent most of the time hanging out in Palumbo's room watching him interview different competitors. Fridays Prejudging was very exciting, I had a lot of friends in the show. After prejudging a bunch of us went out to eat at the Hard Rock. Saturday I went to the gym with Kris Lecomte to do a quick work out, well when I got there I was totally starstruck! Jay Cutler, Victor Martinez and Phil Heath were all working out! I got to train along side of 3 of the top 5 best bodybuilders in the world! Then I saw Curtis Bryant, David Henry and Tricky Jackson as well as Iron Man's Lonnie Teper. All those superstars training in the same room was pretty cool!
Saturday nite I went to the Finals to cheer on my friends. Guy Cisternino won the middle weights, he had the best condition in the entire show! Peter Putnam won the Lite Heavy weights and then it was time for the Heavies! My buddy Mike Liberatore was the Favorite going in, but Mark Alvisi showed up looking Nasty! It was a close battle but Liberatore wound up with the win. Ed Nunn finished first in the Supers and my buddy Steve Kucklo wound up an impressive 3rd. Ed Nunn won the Over all and I feel he will make a fast Impact in the Pro's.
It was a long tiring weekend, but I got to hang with lots of cool people and meet lots of new friends and fans. No more traveling for a while now, I need to focus on my training!

No comments: