Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Leg Destruction!!!

So I have been using Sunday as a "re-feed, or cheat day" to really load my body up with calories and glycogen. Then Monday I absolutely kill my legs. Well yesterday I really turned it up and I had 3 guys all training hard with me. It was a brutal high volume workout and I am really sore today! This is what we did:

Lying hamstring curls- first 4 sets were 15, then a set of 10, followed by a drop set to finish. 6 total sets.
Leg press- 5 sets of 20-30 reps, the last set I failed at 20 we increase the weight each set.
Front squats- 4 heavy sets of 10
SUPERSET- leg extensions for 25 reps with hack squats 12-15 reps- This was brutal for 3 sets
Sumo style dead lifts- 3 sets of 10 reps
regular close stance dead lifts to finish- 2 all out sets, I finished with 365 for 13 and I was fried!

I love a killer leg workout. The rest of the week should be a breeze now.
Body weight was 243.8 today. I have been as low as 238.8 and looked very dry there. Everything is going great!

No comments: