Thursday, December 10, 2009

The New Split

After nationals I decided two things.
1- my body is beat up and I need some rest
2- I need to go back to my roots and get back into some serious power training.

They both go hand in hand because I cant achieve one without the other, so this is what I came up with:

After resting for about a week I designed this plan that I feel will yield some serious results! I will only be training three out of the seven days in a week, but the days I am training will be brutal so I will need the extra rest. I am also not directly training shoulders, or arms during this time, because they are my two best body parts, but also the areas where I seem to be most beat up.
I am keeping a log of my training and each week I aim to beat either the number of reps I performed the week before, or the weight I used the week before on every set! I plan on using this program for the next 4-6 weeks.
So here it is:

Mon:
warm up with 2-3 light sets of squats
Squat- 4 sets of 6-12 reps
Hack squat- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Leg press- 3 sets of minimum 25 reps
Leg extensions- 3 sets of minimum 15 reps
Lying ham curls- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
standing single leg curls- 3 sets of minimum 15 reps
Donkey calve raises- 6 sets till all out failure increasing the weight on every set

Wed:
warm up with 2-3 light sets of barbell bench press
Barbell bench press- 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Incline barbell Bench press- 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer strength incline- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Incline or flat dumbbell press- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
cable crossovers- 3 sets of minimum 15 reps
seated dumbbell side lateral raises- 4 sets of minimum 12 reps
Abs- 3-4 varying exercises done for 3 sets each varying reps

Friday:
warm up with 2-3 light sets of dead lifts
Dead lift - 4 sets of 6-10 reps followed by 1 all out set of at least 25 reps
Underhand barbell rows- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
1 arm hammer strength low rows- 3 sets of 8-10 reps
seated close grip/underhand pull downs- 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Strait bar or rope pull downs- 3 sets minimum 15 reps

By the way, my weight is 235.6 so only ten lbs off my contest weight still and I am pretty damn shredded!

No comments: