Saturday, December 12, 2009

Deadlift day!

Friday I picked up my new Deadlfit/back day partner Luke Badaracco and brought him up to Montanari Bro's Golds in New Haven. I assured him when we went up that this gym would be the best gym he had ever seen. Luke is only 21 years old, but weighs 300lbs and competes as a natural Power Lifter. This kid is as strong as an ox and I wanted to see if he and Evan could take each other too a new level and I would simply feed off the energy! Luke was in love when he entered the gym just as I expected and the showdown was nothing short of INSANE. we got right into it. 1 plate per side for 10, followed by 2, followed by 3, then 4. At this point I knew after only 1 prior week of serious dead lifting I was getting into uncharted territory since I have not tested my bad arm in over a year. I opted to go 4 and a quarter for 10 while those two went up to 5 for 12! Seeing them try that inspired me to try it myself. I said leave the 5th plate on and I got Over the bar. Staring down at the weight I said to myself, "I gotta get at least 5" As the 5th rep was coming up I was dead, but Evan and Luke were screaming at me and I didn't want to pussy out in front of those two so I fought for 8. Those beasts eventually got up to 6 for 5 reps each!
Then we did a whole back workout high intensity with plenty of volume! We all agreed that it was the best workout we had in a long time! This off season is gonna be fun!!!!

No comments: