Sunday, November 15, 2009

Easterns, A bittersweet victory

I am already back to my diet for Nationals, but I will rehash the weekends events first!
Friday, there was a terrible accident somewhere on 9a going into the city. So what should have been an hour and 15 min ride turned into 3 hours!!! Seriously! That is no exaggeration. Once I got to my hotel I had to tan more. It was all ready late and when I was done I just passed out! I woke up at 7 and checked my weight. It was 224! Perfect. The scales are always lite at these shows so I knew I was good. I pounded 4 whole eggs and a1/2 cup of cream of rice with a banana and went to check in.
My weight at check in was 223.2. Like I said, I knew I would make 225 cus the scales are always lite. I went to a little spot in the corner and sat and ate until it was time to go. There were 207 competitors in the show so I sat for a while! My class had 24 guys in it, and ten or so were very good! Most notably this one guy Paul Sousa. This guy was shredded. Possibly the best condition in the show. I knew if I could get by him the show was mine!
When they called us out it was a showdown between Myself, the guy Paul, and a 4th place Junior nats and recent East coast over all champ Robert Youells. We were immediately removed so I knew I was at worst third, but truly felt like my combo of shape and size could not be beat!
By the time the nite show came around I was very dehydrated, but I didn't want to drink cus I had a feeling I was in it for the overall. I hit the stage for my routine like an animal! I was beyond fired up! The crowd was insane!
First place! I won my class and went on to the overall!
Unfortunately I did not win the overall. I am still kinda confused by this and one of the judges actually told my mother that I got robbed! Oh well, that's the past. Nationals is the future and I am gonna be even better!
Thanks so much to everyone that was there! It meant so much to me!!!!
If you want to see my routine from the Nite show go to www.rxmuscle.com and look in the recent videos section!

No comments: