Thursday, March 17, 2011

Arnold Recap... A Bit Late

OK well, its been almost 2 weeks since the Arnold and I know I am behind, so I'm going to just recap this fast... so without further hesitation here we go:

THURSDAY- Met up with fellow SPECIES athletes Juan Morrel and Kat Ramirez at Juan's house in New Rochelle and flew out of Laguardia together. The flight was smooth and we landed in Columbus around 2ish. Checked into my hotel and then spent that night hanging with lots of friends and my roommate Aaron Singerman.

FRIDAY- day 1 of the expo, I got up extra early to get my face painted like Arnold from the movie Predator. The theme of the SPECIES booth this year was army camouflage and I decided to take it really over the top and come up with a character GI BRAUN. I had Bullets, grenades and a fat cigar lol.
Before I went to the expo I swung by Evans room to see how he looked. He was really amazing! I thought he was beyond ready!
Expo was fun, I got to meet lots of awesome fans and make new friends. It was a great day all around. That night I took it easy with some friends and stayed in my hotel.

SATURDAY- got up early again to go check on Evan once more. He really blew my mind!! I knew he would be a serious contender!
Expo was INSANE on Saturday! So many people!!! Its a really tiring weekend being out there for all this madness and I cant really describe what its like being there, you kinda just have to see it for yourself.
Men's final came down to Branch Warren first, Dennis Wolf second, Victor Martinez third, and then Evan fourth. Many thought Evan should have been second, but it was Branch's show. I'm glad he finally got an Arnold Victory, he is such a HARD WORKER!
Saturday Nite a bunch of us went to the After Party they have every year. It didn't seem as crazy as years past, but it was still a fun night.

Sunday- Last day of the expo, everyone is usually tired as hell by this point and the crowd is much smaller. Still a very busy day! My flight was at 5 so I left the expo around 2:30

FLIGHT FROM HELL : so my plane gets delayed about 45 min because of a "storm" in NY. We finally take off and I pass right out. I wake up and turn on my phone and realize we should be landing. The captain comes on the pa and explains that because this storm is so bad we cant land. Then we start going through some crazy turbulence! People were crying and scared. We tried to land TWICE and both times the aeroplane got tossed around so much we missed the landings. At this point we started running out of fuel so they did an emergency landing in Providence, Road Island. There were no more flights when we landed so 6 of us rented a mini van and drove all the way back! I got home around 3 in the morning...I was supposed to be home by 7.

Over all it was a really great weekend and all though it took me a few days to recover I had a great time.

Now Its time to focus on myself and try to make some big gains!

No comments: